The following guidelines and exclusions apply to an enrich grant:
- A maximum of $5,000 is available per grant
- Funding is to be spent on school projects, events or activities
- This program only accepts applications from schools in Queensland, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia
- Enrich supports students in Australia aged 4-18 years
- Applications will only be accepted from Primary, Secondary, K-12 and Specialist schools in Australia that are registered with their relevant Education Department
- Enrich is open to schools with an Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) of 1000 or below – find out your school ICSEA here
- Only school staff members can apply for a grant
Please note: applications will not be considered from schools with an outstanding acquittal from previous Enrich rounds.
- Applications for general fundraising projects or appeals.
- Applications from other foundations, trusts, charities or philanthropic organisations.
- Applications from home school programs, pre-schools, family day care centres, or schools run by organisations that have charitable status or support their activities through general fundraising.
- Projects aimed at children under 4 years of age, students in tertiary programs or programs that are not being run by a registered school.
- Sub-contracted or auspicing of applications will not be accepted. The school applying must be involved in delivering the program. They can be in a partnership with other schools or community organisations but the school granted the funding will be held responsible for the use of the grant and the acquittal.
- Applications are not accepted for retrospective funding activities: i.e. projects that are already underway.
- No overseas travel for excursions, tours or school exchange programs will be considered.
- Applications will not be accepted from parents or students.
- Applications registered with a non-school email address will not be accepted e.g. Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo.
Terms and Conditions
- No applications by mail will be accepted.
- All applications must be submitted via the SmartyGrants online application form.
- Each applicant must include their ICSEA which is available from the MySchool website. Only schools with an ICSEA below 1000 are eligible to apply (Where an ICSEA is not available from this website, the application should include the code 111 instead.)
- Closing dates for applications are listed on the site and may change from time to time without notice.
- The Principal or Director of the school must be aware of this application and its purpose and will be informed that this application has been submitted.
- The decision of the Enrich team on all applications is final.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the result of their application.
- Applicants must use their Application ID number with all correspondence with the Enrich team.
- Unsuccessful applications will not be automatically considered in a subsequent grant round. You must re-apply for consideration of another grant.
- All successful applicants will be required to complete a Grant Agreement form before the grant will be paid directly into the school's bank account. No other bank details will be accepted.
- NSW Public Schools are required to raise a sales order with the Department of Education and will be paid via SAP invoice.
- The school's relevant registration number will be required if the application is successful.
- One (1) single payment for the total of the grant awarded will be distributed to successful applicants.
- Funds must be spent on the agreed project, event or activity. Any unspent funds are to be returned to Barnardos Australia immediately. Any requests for changes in completion dates, etc. must be made to Barnardos Australia.
- Return to Barnardos Australia any unexpended funds in accordance with the statement of expenditure at the same time (or earlier if known) as per your acquittal.
- Acknowledgement of the funding provided by Barnardos Australia and ALDI is to be stated in any media coverage or promotional activities related to the project, activity or event for which the funding has been received.
- Grant recipients indemnify Barnardos Australia and ALDI insofar as any activities relevant to the funding are concerned.
- All grant recipients are required to provide an acquittal report as to how the grant was utilised within three (3) months of the completion date for the project provided on the application form.
- The last date can be submitted is the 31 March 2018. Any school that has not submitted their acquittal for this date will be required to return the funds granted.
- Requests may be made to schools to participate in media activities to promote Enrich.
- No incomplete or inaccurate forms will be considered.